Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Dara Thai

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Dara Thai

    Just manned up and went over there to try it out. Had the Bangkok Sesame--and just for a wild hair got it spicy. It was just right...that stuff was really spicy, but not so much that it overpowered the taste of it...so it was great.

    My friend and I that went were highly impressed with the lunch portions. It wasn't paltry, it wasn't too much--it was about right for a good, filling lunch. I wasn't too awful full, so I tried the sticky rice w/mango--and that stuff was good. My buddy got the rice w/custard and he liked it as well.

    I'll just add to the reviews others gave to it in an earlier thread--nice atmosphere, and as far as that goes you've got to go as far as Abingdon to find a nice non-chain restaurant that has a very good atmosphere. Nice friendly service, but very good service--kept our drinks full and answered any questions we had about the dishes. It was very clean too...that used to be a hangup I had about Shannons while it was there, it used to be kind of dirty, and w/all the decorations in there it was too cluttered. All in all...great place to grab a lunch and I imagine get a good dinner. Price wasn't bad for what you get either.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    Great place indeed. Very underrated.

    Also what do you think about those nice televisions they have on the back walls in both rooms that you sit in? Talk about some nice 'uns! Wonder how much they had to pay for those things!?

    Sorry, a bit off topic considering we're supposed to be talking about their food and not their televisions. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    You do speak the truth though. Big nice flat screens. The food is the main event tho...plus like I said, they were very nice to me and my co-worker today. I was impressed, we both were.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    I have to limit my visits as I tend to spend too much $$ when I eat there.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    My sister was telling me this evening that when she orders the folks there remember who she is and are always very nice (give her extra noodles because she doesn't want shrimp in her dish, etc). The last time she picked up her order it started to rain and the fellow asked her if she had an umbrella, he would walk her to her car.

    I've not had the pleasure of going to the place yet myself, I just scavange my sisters leftovers [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •